This was excellent chili
This chili recipe was given to me by an in-law who supposedly learned it from an old Utah cowboy named Ike. According to the story Ike always had the same pot of it simmering on the stove and just kept adding ingredients to replenish what had already been eaten.
A neighbor I made it for used the recipe to win a local chili cook-off so I know it’s a good one. As pictured below, on a fire I built out on the back 40 to keep the wax melted for sealing holes on my shiitake logs I decided to whip up some up.
- 3 pounds of beef chuck, pork shoulder, or chicken thighs cut into cubes the size of the end of your thumb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- Can or bottle of beer
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. green enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. beef broth
- Juice from one lime
- 2 teaspoons taco or adobo spice
View original post 219 more words